"Bird spirit is the perfect symbol for freedom and perspective. Because they fly high into the sky, Lightworkers often tell us that they are messengers of the Gods who provide humans with a bridge between the mundane and spiritual life.
Needless to say, we are huge fans of birds. We wanted to create a Witch List that focused on the majestic winged creatures and found pieces that are sure to bring their mystic power to your life.
1. We absolutely love the artistry of The Wildwood Tarot because each card looks like a painting you'd find in an English country hunting lodge.
2. Let's just say this Bird of Pray Candle is ideal for bird loving witches. The imagery looks a bit occult-y paired with the pillar shape gives this candle an aesthetic perfect for seances.
3. Let's get the most excellent shower curtain for your human bird bath. Basically all of Angels Rizaa's animal/botanical work on Society 6 have us swooning hard core.
4. We found FAIIINT a few years back because of Stephanie's Inspiration section of her blog (thanks, Google!). We were instantly drawn to the dark and edgy fashion she features and we've been lucky to have her feature our work on FAIIINT as well. Stephanie also makes stellar clothes and we are obsessed with her Slash Dress in general... and because it looks like the beak of raven to us.
5. How can one capture the mystical essence of birds in a perfume? Well, Age of Earth has managed the seemingly impossible with her RITUAL Sacred in Motion perfume. Rosewood, palo salto, sage, and vetiver mingle together in this spacious scent. Imagine wafting streams of burning palo salto and sage as they lift the spirit as high as birds fly.
6. Bet ya didn't think we'd find a super cool bird feeder for this list, but we totally did. Designed by Joyride Ceramics, these Black Moon Bird Feeders are made by hand and are varied in design per piece.
7. Part of why we named ourselves Birds N Bones was because Ashley and I used bird motifs in most of our sculptural work as well as our jewelry work. They have been a huge inspiration to us artistically and we are happy to have a few pieces directly created from them. Some faves of ours are the Tribus Nutriti Claw Ring, Passer Ring, and Tarragon Studs.
. see all Witch Lists here .